There was a time when owning a car was a luxury not all could afford to have. Buying a car was a life milestone for everyone who could shell out those huge amounts of money all at once to buy their dream car. With growing times, changing demographics and emerging car loan lenders, for a majority of the Indian middle class, owning a car today is no longer a luxury, but in fact a necessity made possible by taking a car loan.You cannot imagine living without a car because that would restrict you form going places for work, duties or leisure, hindering a good social and professional life. But with newer technologies and lesser resources, the cost of cars are on a rise, often making it extremely difficult for the average individual to purchase their vehicle outright only using ones savings. Therefore, viewing the huge demand for financing both used and new cars, leading loan lenders in India offer car loans, which are floated products, which enable you to purchase your car and pay off the car loan amount borrowed bit by bit through car loan EMIs or installments.
In India, apart from the issue that paying such a huge sum of cash may disturb one's budget, massive purchases with liquid cash could put you on the Income Tax department's radar as well. When you get a car loan to pay for your car, you manage to retain your savings for other current and future expenses. One of the greatest car loan benefits in India that the loan is secured against the car itself, so, you do not have to mortgage your property or other assets to get a car loan. You also get to use your car while you are servicing the car loan term, so a few years down the line you have added to your original savings and have the opportunity to own the car having paid off your car loan completely. This gives you the chance to augment crucial credit history by procuring a car loan and strictly adhering to the repayment cycle. A good credit history including timely payments and cleared debts help you obtain further loans in the future. Car loans, therefore, are a very safe and certain way of purchasing your own car.
1. One can opt for new or used car loan depending upon the need and the kind of car requirement. Though, most people prefer a car loan over new cars and not the second hand ones.
2. Car loan option in India, for a majority, is an alternative that lets them purchase a car which is better than the one available in their budget since the car loan approval is quick.
3. Car loans in India generally provide a fixed rate of interest option while repayment through EMIs. This keeps you assured of a fixed repayable amount on a monthly basis towards the car loan, facilitating better budget planning without disturbing your usual expenses.
4. A bank offering car loan mostly also provide flexible repayment tenure options of 1-7 years to repay the car loan amount in regular EMIs.
5. Car loans in India are often easier to avail when compared to any other loans and involves easy documentation with clear instructions and guidance throughout the full car loan approval and sanction process.
6. Car loan borrowers can avail loans up to Rs. 1.5 cores, mostly comprising of 100% of the vehicle's on-road price.
- The borrower should be salaried, self-employed, business owner or a professional
- They should be of Indian nationality residing in or outside India
- They should be at least 21 years old and not more than 65 years old
- Should meet the minimum repayment capacity or minimum salary requirements
- They must be in the current job for one year (salaried) or two years in the same business (self-employed or professional)
|Identity proof (any of the following)||
|Address proof (any of the following)||
|Proof of income||